Welcome to the start of the Battle of the Books blog tour! A creative adventure where I, the author, invite you, the readers, to help me decide which of these two novels that I’ve written will be indie published first!
THE RULES FOR THE READER ARE SIMPLE:
- Read teaser chapters of both books. (NEXUS GATE and WARDEN)
- Follow the link at the end of the Chapter Teaser back to the Voting Polls and cast your vote for which story YOU think should be indie Published first
- Leave your constructive criticism for both stories
- Follow the author site of Candice Coates as well as on social media!
- Stay connected by following the blog tour to learn more about the books as well as about me, the author
BOOK NUMBER 1
NEXUS GATE 4037: THE ANIMAL
Book Flap: Most important rules of time surveillance; never disrupt your host timeline and never step into the future. Decorated Surveillance Specialist Vivian Leona of 6037 has broken both. Losing her husband, John Joseph Spruce, in the Nexus of time past, Vivian mistakenly pulls the wrong man into the future, a man recorded by history as having died on that very day in 1837. The consequences for keeping him alive in the future could prove far worse than Vivian bargains for, especially in the American South’s New Golden Age, 4037, where any overt emotion or cause of such, like racism, is seen as a deadly contingent—‘conditions’ cured only by euthanasia. Slave foreman and bounty hunter ‘Tucker’ John Josephus Spruce of 1837 is called ‘The Animal’ by those he hunts, and a ‘necessary evil’ by those who enlist his skills, but are his ‘talents’ enough to keep him alive when he steps into a deadly snare set twenty-two hundred years in the future where he is now pawn and prey? Will Tucker John’s instincts lead him towards retribution for his abduction, or will they make Vivian his only ally while setting him on an unexpected hunt for the one not only out for his blood, but the very woman’s he’s purposed to destroy?
3 THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT THIS NOVEL
- The concept for this story, like many that I have come up with, was born from a dream that I had nearly fifteen years ago.
- This story is Book 1 of a series. There are 3 stand-alone books that follow the lives of the characters you will meet in The Animal, with 2 additional Books that act as spin-offs.
- The follow-up novels within the series are inspired by free-flow writing as well as the results of writing prompts that I did, here, on i came for the soup.
BOOK NUMBER 2
Book Flap: Ever since the bizarre death of her grandmother, Maeve Grandie has made it her sole purpose to be reliable, even if that means living a dreadfully predictable life. The only sense of adventure Maeve experiences is in her dreams. The only problem is her peculiar hereditary condition that gives her rashes on her hands and arms, turning the veins of her arms a screaming azurite blue, not only gives her weird dreams but causes her to sleepwalk as well. But what would happen if those dreams that carry her into a bizarre land where people can cause their arms to ignite with blue flames and tear open the sky with their bare hands is not really a dream at all? What if the dream world, Maeve finds herself suddenly trapped in, is actually a true world of wonder but one she is somehow destroying just by being there? Senior Warden Vincent Jasper of Trident finds himself facing that very real and immeasurable danger when a young woman in the ugly pink nightgown interferes with an arrest right before disappearing through an Unzoned Door in the Universe causing the very threads of the Cluster and Realms to ripple and stretch, putting it and the lives of all who live within it in grave danger. Not only is the woman unknown but she keeps opening Doors and is somehow hiding right underneath his nose. Can Jasper and his team along with the rest of Trident, apprehend this villainous threat clad in garish pink flannel and ruffles? Or will they find out that she is not the threat at all but the weapon of someone else, all before their side of the universe collapses?
3 THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT THIS NOVEL
- This novel is my very first, as well as, successful attempt at a summer session of NaNoWriMo, reaching over 56k words within 30 days, and being completed as a first draft in 96 glorious days!
- Every woman who has Beta-Read the second draft has had a crush on Senior Warden Vincent Jasper…Myself included.
- This story is also part of a series of 3 stand-alone books and a spin-off series that is currently in being crafted in note form.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT ME, CANDICE COATES, THE AUTHOR?
Be sure to follow my AUTHOR SITE for a bio AND spread the word to others about this novel adventure that is taking place!
FOLLOW THE BATTLE TOUR WITH INTERVIEWS ON THESE FANTASTIC BLOGS:
Each of these bloggers are fantastic writers and creatives. Check out the tour on their creative space and be sure to follow them and their projects!
Click the Banner below for blog tour dates as well as links to sample chapters and voting!
~Dream. Imagine. Believe. Do. CONQUER!