The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.” ~Fred Hammond
Hello Creatives and welcome to the final Week, a combination of weeks 11 & 12, of Sow the Seeds & Seize the Dream 12-Week Creative Course.
Do to Conquer!
Let me start out with touching our practices of doing. This doing is the physical application married to the mental preparation of doing. This doing is where we take what we have learned over the previous weeks and begin to harvest the seeds sown by putting our faith into creative action.
I admit that the first doing, which is ‘mental initiation’ is easier for me than this doing, which is the ‘follow’ through.
One of my past struggles when it came to doing, involved fear, my fear of failure. This failure is equal to how indecision is still a decision made, it’s a decision to do nothing.
I also found myself getting overwhelmed by having too many options. This is why I recommend taking stock of our creative tools in Week 6. Knowing what you have on hand is one thing, deciding what to use is another.
Having come this far with you all, I’d like to give glory and honor to God for blessing us all to overcome the fears, confusion, and overwhelm, that had kept us from conquering our creative goals in the past.
Praise Yeshua Jesus we are not given a spirit of fear, but love, power, and sound minds. We are Creatives. To create is our identity.
I believe that many of us come to a place in our lives, and not just our creativity, where we face immobile fear. But we have come too far, Creatives, to stop now. Now we take the steps to CONQUER!
TAKE A LOOK AT YOUR CREATIVE MAP
If you have been consistent with your journaling and keeping up with the Creative Faith in Action, then you have been diligently creating your map for CONQUERING. You should have:
- The vision for where you want to go in your creativity
- The understanding of why you want to go where you are headed in your creativity
- List of supplies that you have on hand
- List of artist/Creatives that have inspired you
- Your personalized Creative Statement
- Piece that speaks most to you (if there was one)
- Dare I say it, CONFIDENCE to go forth and CONQUER!
Now is the time that we put all of our mental and spiritual preparation to good work. It is time for us to sow our creative seed and reap our conquering success!
CREATIVE FAITH IN ACTION
- If you have a piece of art that speaks most to you, use that as a springboard to tune your own voice and upcoming creative piece.
- Give yourself a timeframe to begin to create, to produce your art piece, writing, etc. I suggest no more than 3 months (giving yourself time is paramount if you are going to be successful. Drafts, sketches, trial runs in the kitchen, all take time.)
- Let someone know what you are DOING (not aiming to do, but DOING) and then ask them to help keep you accountable as you create. (I think sharing via a platform like a blog is an excellent way to gain accountability partners and feedback for your efforts.)
- Come back in 2018 and share your success in my Guestbook!
Note: All of our actions will be different. Here are mine
- Writing: Get Indie Published in 2018
- Art: Get my Voice (Paint with purpose)
- Live: Get my rhythm
I know all of that sounds vague at the moment, BUT I will be sharing more in detail in the coming weeks. I will be sharing the artist that have inspired me lately as well as talking about gaining a creative rhythm, in addition to finally publishing my debut novel.
Most of the information regarding my novel and publication will be found on my AUTHOR SITE.
Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do. ~Pele
Thank you for taking this journey with me. Thank you for being willing to grow. The world needs your creative voice. The world needs to hear your story. My prayer is that you have been fueled with the faith to go forth and truly conquer in ways you hadn’t been able to do before.
- In what ways have you grown the most with this creative course?
- Are there any creative resourses that you would recommend with others to help them grow?
Please share your wisdom and advice in the comments below.
FOR MORE INFO ABOUT THIS 12 WEEK JOURNEY, SEE Gearing Up to Prepare for Your Creative Success: Seeds We Sow
~Dream. Imagine. Believe. Do. CONQUER!