There is nothing like a good writing prompt to help get your muse muscling along. I, for one, enjoy those with a time limit as well as quirky rules to follow.
This one is called “Thirds.”
TIME LIMIT: 20min (This is from the moment you put your pen to the pad or start typing…and yes, we are under an honor system here.)
DESCRIPTION: Music is a big part of our inspiration. We all listen to music. But how much does music shape the art that we go forth to create? Are we conscious of its effects on us, and if so (if you weren’t before) how can we take this knowledge and harness this inspiration to create something fresh and authentic and on purpose?
- Choose the album that you are currently listening to or listening to the most, and select the 3rd track on the album.
- Play the track over 3 times.
- Get a hold of the lyrics, go to the 3rd stanza/verse and then select the 3rd line. (If your song does not have such stanza’s then just grab the 3rd line in the verse)
- Weave a story or poem of your own around this 3rd verse and see what you come up with within 20min.
- Remember to include the Track you are working from via Youtube to your post if possible. If not, just add the title of the song and the band etc.
*Instead of using music, use a book or poem that you are reading. Select the 3rd chapter and the 3rd line, and weave a story/poem around that line, making it your own.
**I will post my results NEXT WEEK**
~Dream. Imagine. Believe. Do. CONQUER!