It is easy and practically the given norm of humanity to find all the reasons why we ‘can’t’ and shouldn’t do a thing that has been burning in our hearts to do. We can come up with the typical lists of why’s that range from financial restrictions, age, gender, and the all too famous stumbling block, time.
We see and feel the burn for more, given to us by Christ Himself, swirling within us, and yet, like Moses we begin to tell the God of Creation who has called us to ‘speak’ that our mouths don’t work, as if when He called us and put that fiery seed to go forth in us, He didn’t know the so-called odds against us.
In fact, it is because of those very odds that the Lord has called us to go forth and to do things that are seemingly impossible, things that take us out of our comfort zones, things that the word and statistics say we are disqualified to even pursue.
“But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.” ~1 CORINTHIANS 1:27
It’s for this very reason that we should be encouraged and empowered to be the kind of people who, through faith in and of the Words and Promises of God, declare all the reasons why we ‘can’ do what He has called and planted in our hearts to do and not just the ones who talk about what we ‘should’ do but ‘shall’ do.
REASONS WE CAN AND SHALL
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me PHILIPPIANS 4:13
- He is the Giver of dreams JOEL 2:28-29
- His Promises are Yes and Amen II CORINTHIANS 1:20
- We are not the kind who shrink back but believe in hope HEBREWS 10:39
- He prospers our plans JEREMIAH 29:11
- He gives us the power to gain wealth DEUTERONOMY 8:18
HOW ARE WE GOING TO DO IT
- Meditate on His Word to stay focused and grounded on the call JOSHUA 1:8
- Seek Him and His Righteousness so that we can gain clarity of vision MATT. 6:30-36
- Write the Vision HABAKKUK 2:2-4
- Believe that our Faith Pleases Him HEBREWS 11:6
- Believe that He is able to do exceedingly beyond what we ask think or image EPHESIANS 3:20
WHAT YOU CAN DO NOW
Take the time to speak with the Lord about what is in your heart. Gain His guidance and wisdom. Then write out a declaration of why you are pursuing what you are called to pursue, couple it with scripture, and declare daily, especially in the times you are feeling less than confident or able, the words of faith He has birthed within you.
“I SHALL__________________because the Lord has equipped me to _________________________ and because He has promised ______________________________ I can _______________________ I am _________________________________.
~Dream. Imagine. Believe. Do. CONQUER!