In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth.
It’s such a crazy thing to think about, but it can cease to be astonishing if this has been something we learned about as a child and have known for some time.
Sometimes it’s easy for us to forget the wonder of our faith.
A couple months ago I was praying with a friend and she said something that really startled me, she said: “Briana He wants you to know that He is God.” I was a bit taken aback because of course, He is, I thought!
But later on as I began to think deeply about what that meant for me, what that meant for my circumstances that I was praying about and what that meant about the outcome He had promised, the wonder of it all returned as I realized fully that there is nothing too big for God and nothing He won’t do for me.
Friends if you are experiencing a struggle or difficulty that God has promised you He will heal, fix or move in, and you find yourself struggling with your faith to believe that He will do it, allow yourself to be reminded that He is God.
Allow the awe and wonder of Who He is, and what a loving Father He is, to wash over you and carry your doubt away.
If you’re not sure how to start, go ahead and read some things about Who God is, and think about His nature and how it affects YOU and your situation.
Here are some passages to get started, but ask Him to speak to you and remind you what He wants you to know about Himself and Who He wants to be to you.
• And He is before all things, and by Him, all things consist. Colossians 1:17
• For in Him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. Acts 17:28
• “Indeed before the day was, I Am He; And there is no one who can deliver out of My hand; I work, and who will reverse it?” Isaiah 43:13
• The Mighty One, God the Lord, speaks and summons the earth from the rising of the sun to its setting. Psalms 50:1
• For your Maker is your husband, the Lord of hosts is His name; and the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer, the God of the whole earth He is called. Isaiah 54:5
Like with the very beginning of the Bible where the word starts with a shock and awe statement of Who God is, what He does to lay the foundation for us to build our entire faith upon, telling us that He was there from the very beginning, so too can we take that same wonderful statement, and trust and know that He still has the power to create all things even now.
We can rest in His might for our own situations and release our fear and doubt to Him as we remember that He is the God that created us and holds everything together, and there is nothing too hard for Him.
By Briana Lassiter
I’m married to my dearest friend of 8 years and mom to an energetic 6-year-old. My greatest joys come from traveling with my little family, cooking for appreciative recipients, learning herbalism and natural medicine, and every experience I get to have in prayer ministry. I’m an avid tea and book lover and can’t get enough of either. I love Jesus and the daily adventure that comes from walking in friendship with him as he arranges and rearranges my story.