This is, hands down, one of my favorite salads EVER! Its colors make it the perfect patriotic side dish, and I’m obsessed with the taste of spicy arugula blended with earthy spinach, and the sweetness of the berries and a dressing balanced by the tanginess of the cheese.
With the chicken, it’s enough to make a full meal! I hope you enjoy making and eating this salad as much as I do!
• A 5oz of fresh spinach, with a handful or 2 of arugula mixed in
• 5 sliced strawberries
• A small handful (or 1/4 cup) each of blueberries and blackberries
• 2-3 tablespoons of gorgonzola cheese
• 1 tbsp of chopped red onions
• A small handful (or 1/4 cup) of walnut pieces
• Any type of sweet and tangy dressing like Tessamaes poppyseed honey, or Primal Kitchen honey mustard vinaigrette etc.
• 1 chicken breast cut into bite size pieces (I like to use an herb rotisserie chicken)
Assemble all ingredients, top with dressing, and enjoy!
By Briana Lassiter
I’m married to my dearest friend of 8 years and mom to an energetic 6-year-old. My greatest joys come from traveling with my little family, cooking for appreciative recipients, learning herbalism and natural medicine, and every experience I get to have in prayer ministry. I’m an avid tea and book lover and can’t get enough of either. I love Jesus and the daily adventure that comes from walking in friendship with him as he arranges and rearranges my story.