I (Briana) can’t really remember where this recipe came from, I just remember my mom and I would make this salad together every Summer using fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and basil from our garden, and sometimes in the heat of the day, this would be all we would want to eat!
Try serving it as a side for bbq chicken, a steak, grilled fish or devouring it by itself as I usually do!
Chilled Tomato Basil salad
• 1 1/2 medium sliced and quartered tomatoes
• 1 1/2 peeled and thin sliced cucumber
• 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
• 3 sliced sweet peppers
• Small handful of finely chopped fresh basil
• Dash of salt, pepper, oregano, parsley and garlic powder to taste
• Any Mediterranean type dressing for drizzling
• Feta crumbles, or herbed goat cheese crumbles
Layer all ingredients in a bowl and drizzle each layer with dressing, season with the salt, pepper, garlic, and herbs, and top with cheese. Serves 4. Refrigerate for 1-3 hours before serving for the flavors to come together, and enjoy!
By Briana Lassiter
I’m married to my dearest friend of 8 years and mom to an energetic 6-year-old. My greatest joys come from traveling with my little family, cooking for appreciative recipients, learning herbalism and natural medicine, and every experience I get to have in prayer ministry. I’m an avid tea and book lover and can’t get enough of either. I love Jesus and the daily adventure that comes from walking in friendship with him as he arranges and rearranges my story.