I don’t know about you, but every summer I become obsessed with salad and the endless ways to make it.
It can be the perfect cooling addition to any meal, or it can BE the meal depending on what you create.
This summer we, here at ICFTS, will be sharing our absolute favorite salad ideas, and encourage you to use our recipes loosely as inspiration to build your own salad creation that suits your palate!
I hope you enjoy our very first recipe, created by me (Briana) and my 6-year-old, and inspired by our favorite things as well as Olive Garden’s famous salad!
Olive Garden inspired salad
• 3 cups Baby spring mix
• 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
• 1/2 cup herbed croutons
• 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
• 1, 1/2 tablepsoons deli sliced pepperoncini peppers
• Crumble feta cheese, as much as your heart desires
• Top with a sprinkle of raw sunflower seeds
• Any Mediterranean type dressing drizzled to your liking (we love Primal Kitchen Green Goddess dressing or their Greek dressing)
• Enjoy, and prepare to become obsessed!
By Briana Lassiter
I’m married to my dearest friend of 8 years and mom to an energetic 6-year-old. My greatest joys come from traveling with my little family, cooking for appreciative recipients, learning herbalism and natural medicine, and every experience I get to have in prayer ministry. I’m an avid tea and book lover and can’t get enough of either. I love Jesus and the daily adventure that comes from walking in friendship with him as he arranges and rearranges my story.