Hello fellow Creatives, and happy 2018!
As I stood on the precipice of 2017 fading into the past, while the glow of 2018 brightened into the future, one constant remained the same: the need for growth and the necessity of change.
For several months now, and dare I say for the last couple of years, I have been prayerfully considering what I can do to not only make ICFTS more relevant for you but also increasingly beneficial for me.
When I started this journey, the sole purpose was to afford myself the opportunity to tap into my creativity whilst sharing my progress with others. But over the years, although my creative mining ventures continue, how I present and would like to present content to you has evolved.
What was once “I came for the soup: nourishing the Faith, Art, & Fiction in my soul,” has transformed into “I came for the soup: nourishing the Faith, Arts, & Vision in the creative soul.”
My focus for this platform has grown from sole to mutual. Although many of the creative themes that I will continue to touch on will touch upon fiction and art, weekly motivations will be broadened to better reach the heart of any and all creatives striving to flourish in their creative dream.
The Menu options have also evolved with new categories that are more user-friendly.
- Create: Here you will find writing prompts and exercises, writing tips, and soon, creative options for the visual arts. And, perhaps, artists, writers, and other creatives who I believe are gems worth knowing about.
- Faith & Motivations: Faith in Christ and His Word is the foundation upon which ICFTS is built. I believe that since we are created in His image and Have His divine DNA, like Him, the Creator of all existence, we all have the ability to create. But to do so with confidence and purposeful direction, we must have faith. Here, we will focus on scripture and ways to better strengthen our spirit and souls as we strive to grow into the fruitful beings we are called to be.
- Creative Motivations will continue to give encouragements as we step out in faith toward our creative visions.
- My Journal: My journal will be the base for my writings, art, and other projects, as well as musings that I feel led to share with you.
- I’m Candice: Is a quick way to get to know me…and icebreaker of sorts.
- Shop-icftsENC: One of the exciting projects working on is the ICFTS shop, icfts ENC. Icfts ENC will have apparel, mugs, tote bags, and wall art with clever quotes, inspirations, and motivational reminders to help you along your creative journey. Stay tuned for its reopening this year.
- Creative Enc.: Creative Enc. is short for ‘Creative Encouragement.’ This is the base for future creative courses that will be made available in the future.
- Guestbook: If ICFTS has blessed and encouraged you in any way, share that with this community. Leave a message in the comments section for others to see and be encouraged. Or send me a personal message by filling out the contact form.
- Monday’s Muse: Weekly or bi-weekly writing prompt
- Monday Motivation: A Creative Motivation to get you going for the week ahead
- Faith Friday: Words of Faith to meditate on over the weekend
In addition to these, I will drop postings in My Journal, so that you can see my creative process.
FOR THE FUTURE:
Along with creative courses, my goal is to be able to present other in-depth content in book form to help you on your way. There is also a creative planner/journal that is currently under wraps, so stay tuned!
Also, this site format will be changing in the future to further aid in easing the navigation process through content.
WAYS TO STAY CONNECTED:
Of course, you can always simply click the ‘follow’ button and get notifications emailed to you each time content is posted. But coming soon, the option to get a weekly update by subscribing to the ICFTS NEWSLETTER will be made available.
For those you subscribe to the newsletter, advanced notice on products as well as creative course will be sent to you ahead of everyone else. It’s like being a VIP.
I NOW HAVE INSTAGRAM:
If following the blog or subscribing to the newsletter isn’t your jam, no worries! You can always follow me on Instagram and click the links in the profile section to see new content.
My Instagram page will give you another peek into my creative world so be sure to link up!
Big things are ahead this year! I hope that we will be blessed to experience them together.
NEW POSTINGS WILL BEGIN MONDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 2018
As always remember to Dream bigger than you ever have before, Imagine beyond all limitations, Believe the impossible, Do the incredible, & CONQUER your goals!
In Him always,