Hello Creatives and welcome to Week 7 of Sow the Seeds & Seize the Dream 12-Week Creative Course.
I am super excited about this middle ground of our creative journey as it is the place where we start sowing the seeds that we have collected over the past six weeks.
If you are just now joining this creative course, no worries! Take your time, but I urge you to start from the beginning. Each step until now is crucial to the cultivation of your creativity.
This week we are going to prepare ourselves to really dig deep into DIBDC!. For over a year now, DIBDC! has been my closing salute for most of my post. For the following final five weeks of Sow the Seeds & Seize the Dream, we are going to dig into each point of DIBDC!, applying the principles we’ve learned from previous weeks.
WHAT IS DIBDC!: Dream. Imagine. Believe. Do. CONQUER!
- DREAM: Taking the ‘Vision’ we have declared, we are going to streamline it even further, making it bigger, while keeping it uniquely fashioned for who we are as creatives.
- IMAGINE: Pragmatically see the limitations that lay ahead and learn how to grow beyond them.
- BELIEVE: Talk yourself into it! Learn how to apply your faith to the creative calling that you have.
- DO: (This is different from the previous ‘Do’) Learn how to get your hand’s dirty and begin to sow!
- CONQUER!: Learn the steps to not only initiate your vision and dream but to conquer your goals through planned follow-through.
Again, if you haven’t already, take the time to go back and read the previous week’s modules and answer the questions. These will help you to bring your creative vision into focus. Links to each module are below:
Intro: Gearing Up for the Journey
Week 1: Divorcing Perfectionism
Week 2: Building Memorials
Week 4: Capturing Your Vision
Week 5: Tuning Your Creative Voice
Week 6: Do The Groundwork
- What have you learned over the previous weeks that has helped you most in your creative growth?
- Why do you think that is?
- What encouragement can you give to others on the path to creative success?
Please share your wisdom and advice in the comments below.
FOR MORE INFO ABOUT THIS 12 WEEK JOURNEY, SEE Gearing Up to Prepare for Your Creative Success: Seeds We Sow
~Dream. Imagine. Believe. Do. CONQUER!