Twenty-seventeen has already gotten into full swing for many of us. Like with years past, we have set our goals, put on our workout gear and run ourselves to the gym with the single purpose of being beach ready several warm months from now.
For those of us who are aspiring writers and bloggers, our goals tend to involve a different kind of exercise with a completely different destination in mind.
Success is not one size fits all and therefore requires a unique pattern.
For me, the goals that I have in the crosshairs are goals that I have been striving toward for several years now. But as I set out to take hold of them this year I am doing so while letting ‘peace be my umpire‘. Thank you, Victoria Osteen for that!
Let me digress for just a moment to explain what that means for me. Allowing peace to be my umpire means I am no longer going to allow projects and methodologies of action to rob me of peace. If I feel unsettled or shackled by them I am either:
- Taking on something that is outside of its season for me
- Need to let certain things go or put them down for a time
- using a methodology of execution that is not natural for me
This has nothing to do with ‘comfort,’ for the truth is, any real growth requires a certain level of discomfort. But what I learned in my ‘doing’ in 2016 is that I subconsciously began to do things how other successful people had done them thinking that their way was the only way to gain the desired level of success I was aiming for.
Let peace be your umpire.~Victoria Osteen
That idea for me is no more! Success is not one size fits all and therefore requires a unique pattern.
SO WHAT IS ON THEN ADVENTURE MENU FOR 2017
- Author page launch party!: Mark your calendar and join me MONDAY, JANUARY 23rd, 2017 for my author page launch party! You can find the fun by going to www.candicecoates.wordpress.com
- I will be sharing the first 2 or 3 chapters of my 365 Day Novel
- Giving insight on my plans for publication in 2017
- Inviting you to share your favorite quote in the comments as a blessing of sorts for the journey ahead
- Letting you in on upcoming projects
- Blogging here on ICFTS 2 to 3 times a week: If I’ve learned nothing in my three years about blogging I have learned this, that blogs and blog brands are similar to your favorite t-shirt you wore as a kid. No matter how much you love it, you will eventually outgrow it…or it will shrink whichever perspective you chose to take on it. The point is we have to change our blogging ways with our growth the same way we change our clothing. Making room for my Author Page while getting projects ready for publication calls for this sort of action.
- Expect Random Creative writing
- Bi-weekly postings for Wisdom from the Writer’s Journal
- The occasional musing
- Quotes and Inspiration
- Monthly updates on where things are and where they are headed on ICFTS
- Ascension Graveyard will RETURN IN MARCH!: I know, it’s been a long time since we last shared a chapter but other writing schemes have been afoot! If you’ve been reading with me since I began writing this piece, please hang in there with me for a little while longer. But in the meantime please reacquaint yourself with the tale and characters by reading the current chapters that are available by clicking HERE.
So that is it in a nutshell. This is the roadmap for my 2017 adventure. I hope you will journey along with me, continue to lend your advice and share your thoughts.
(Isaiah 55:12, NIV) “You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace…”
Stay creative and keep your peace along the way!
~Dream. Imagine. Believe. Do. CONQUER!