Hello all! I just wanted to share a bit of my progress as 2016 slow crawls into 2017.
If you haven’t noticed, I have experienced a pleasing level of success in reworking old blog postings as well as sending others to the archive graveyard. In addition to that, I’ve had to scrap my weekly Monday’s Muse writing prompt as I was the only one partaking in the challenge.
With some of those things wrapped up, I’ve cleared of some ‘plate’ space for other things.
As I mentioned before, I need to go back to the basics of this blog. I need to remind myself, again, and stay focused on why I created I came for the soup in the first place.
That being said, here are some reasons why I need to keep reminding myself as I press forward into a new creative year.
A FEW REASONS WHY:
- As it goes with platforms that thrive from ‘follows’, ‘likes’, and the always welcome comments, one tends to make those things the driving force for how they schedule their blogging journey…schedules are good as I’ve said before but not if they become shackles that choke your creativity. I had scheduled myself into a choke hold.
- Too many items on my plate and not enough time to eat and enjoy them all like I should. I’ve enjoyed the postings that I’ve shared over the last near three years but having a 5-day schedule is not for me. I need more room for flexibility.
- Why the need for more flex? Well, my needs have changed. Creatively, I’ve achieved levels that have moved from the realm of dreaming to doing and onward I march to CONQUERING!
PLANS FOR THE ROAD AHEAD:
As I said before, I am going back to what I originally had at the start of this blog, organic free-flow writing, art as I am inclined to create it and, of course, my blog novel Ascension Graveyard.
- Weekly blogging schedule will be organic. I will post as the creativity calls…for the most part. If I do one free flow write a week, I will deem myself a creative success.
- You can expect to see weekly/biweekly installments of Wisdom from the Writer’s Journal, as well as an encouraging quote to wrap up the week.
- Chapters for Ascension Graveyard will resume posting ever THURSDAY, hopefully beginning November 17th.
So in short, random free flow writes here and there, Writing Tips on Wednesdays, AG Chapters on Thursday and a Quote to polish us off when one moves me to share.
As mentioned, my creative needs have changed. I have two manuscripts out of Beta that need polishing up in time for my Author Page Launch! I am aiming for
Monday, December 5th, 2016 sometime in JANUARY 2017! There will be a blog party over there and EVERYTHING…mark your calendar and show your love and support.
My desire is to have one of my novels published no later than April 2017!
There is a lot of TLC that goes into this process, thus, the need for flexibility.
More than creating content for quantity and schedules sake, I want to create for quality. I want what I share to inspire you and aid you in your creative journey. Anything else is to miss the mark.
So that is in in a nutshell. Plan for fun, plan for free flow, plan to join me on the next level of my blogging journey!
~Dream. Imagine. Believe. Do. CONQUER!