Rollercoasters. You either love them or hate them, but one thing most people have when they are disembarking from the up and down journey is a feeling of satisfaction for having taken the challenge.
Here are 5 feelings or ways, we writers know that our writing journey and our current manuscript has been a GOLDEN one and that we have met our challenges with victory.
1. When the majority of your Beta-Readers have given you at least 4 out of 5 stars after they’ve read it and you still have revisions yet to do to turn it into a 5 star word-woven masterpiece.
2. Your story no longer feels like a soup stock missing some unknown ingredient to make it better. The taste is spot on and makes you hungry for more.
3. You’ve managed to have peace over the lines and scenes you were instructed to either trash or expand. Whichever side of the revising spectrum you were on, you feel good about the results.
4. You smile each time you open the document and no longer cringe, wondering if it is all worth it.
5. The feeling of shame and the need to make excuses for your manuscript when others ask to read it is no longer something you do.
They ask to read your piece and you’re either like ‘ Sure’ or, ‘Join my mailing list, read a few sample chapters and I’ll let you know when you can get the eBook.’
BONUS: You feel absolutely peaceful and victorious about the job well-done, and are looking forward to tackling another writing adventure once you have this puppy polished and published!
~Dream. Imagine. Believe. Do. CONQUER!