Hello all! I can’t express how surprised I was, and how excited I am, to have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award!
I would like to thank Caroline Peckham for her nomination and appreciation of my writing and my blog. It really blesses my heart.
If you haven’t already followed that urge burning inside of you to go and check out her blog, give in already! Be sure to follow her and keep your eyes open for her new novel “Creeping Shadow” soon to be released.
So what exactly is the award? Glad you asked! The Versatile Blogger Award is about me, opening up and sharing 7 things about myself that you, my followers and sharers of the soup, probably don’t already know.
So here goes…7 Facts about the “Candice”
1. I love, and I mean LOVE video games. I have had to deny myself the pleasure of playing them (for a season) because once I start a game I don’t stop playing it until I have beaten it. This usually takes around 64 to 72 hours.
There are several games I am VERY interested in now, but I have told myself I will have to hold out until December 2015 when a particular game I have been waiting on is released…at which time I will also need to invest in an Playstation 4.
2. I didn’t learn how to drive or get my driver’s license until I was 24 years old, and the only reason why I did was because my friends told me I embarrassed them when I used my passport as a form of I.D. Pfff.
I can be shameless sometimes, but for love I bend. I also haven’t driven for the last 6 years, a pause in action I intend to animate soon. (No, before you ask, my driving privileges were not revoked at anytime.)
3. It took me 11 years to perfect my sugar cookie recipe. And now if I don’t bring the cookies to ALL family functions, I receive dirty looks. All that work just for it to become my torment. And if you did not know already, sugar cookies are the hardest cookie to whip up.
4. I am 33 since last month and still hold my record of having NEVER been kissed. Yes, you read that correctly.
My lips are untried unless I am to count that time a jerk pecked me on the lips in undergrad and ran off like the wind before my right hook could connect with his jaw.
No, I am not one of those folks who believes you shouldn’t kiss until you are standing at the altar, I just think it is such an intimate gift, especially the first one. I have had two relationships in my life and I have to say I am glad I walked away from both with my goods.
5. I have relationships with not only my 1st and 2nd cousins, which is normal, but with my 3rd, 4th and 5th cousins as well! Family is a blessing even when they drive you bananas.
6. The first novel I ever read was The Oath by Frank Peretti when I was 14. And right at a just about ever climactic high of the novel, my mother would pop her head in my bedroom door and ask, “Are you at that part when the….and then he…and then everybody…I loved that part.” She does the same thing when she sees a movie she likes.
7. I am one of those people everyone loves, who will break out into loud singing either at random (usually singing something operatic) or when triggered by a word in a conversation that reminds me of a certain song.
So to that blessed and highly favored man out there who will one day call me his Mrs, your future wife is noisy! But she is happy 😀
I am so happy to have shared a bit of my “business” with you all. Now I am nominating 7 people to do the same. I will also be nominating some of them in a few weeks for another award (luckies) but for now:
- Blondeusk, one of my BFF’s and SWF’s, of Blondewritemore
- That Weird Brown Girl
- The Fashion Traveller
*I hope you lovelies will play along, but always remember that you are free to decline.