Hello again! In response to my nominations of others, I was given the chance to answer a few more magical questions, thanks to Kima from the www.hehasplans.com AND Carrie Ann from www.anniehow.wordpress.com
So here are those golden questions, and my answers:
- Who inspires you the most in life? People who express genuine kindness for no other reason but being kind.
- What is your favorite genre that you just can’t seem to write yourself? I wouldn’t say it is my favorite, but in light of my desire to give romance a real try, I have been reading a lot of historical romance (Clean Reads) and although I really enjoy them, I have to say I don’t think I have the patience to do the research for accuracy there.
- What program(s) do you use to create/write your stories? I don’t use any programs. Music however gets me in the heads of my characters and links me with their emotions. I also find (as odd as this may seem) that for some of my story lines, playing games like Settlers of Catan are very helpful.
- If you only had one book to read, what would it be (excluding the Bible/Religious books)? Howl’s Moving Castle! Three copies, plus the movie and several reads, just cause is how it has been so I would definitely defer there. The movie is beautiful via the imagination of Hayao Miyazaki, but his interpretation of the true characters is of Howl and Sophie, is way off. Those two were deliciously self-centered and ridiculous, especially Howl. His reason and method for “saving the day” in the end in the book is hilarious and a far cry from the Howl of the movie.
- What would be your dream job? Honestly, to be a successful storyteller and writer.
- Morning person or night owl? How does this effect your daily schedule? Weirdly enough I am a mix of both. I tend to not get to bed before 4am but if I were to wake up as 6am I am very chipper.
- If your life was a movie, do you think you’d be the main protagonist? Hmmm, maybe the ant-hero on the side.
- Have you ever written to/talked to one of your favorite authors? Who? What did you get out of it? YES! Tamara Leigh! and it was WONDERFUL! She really encouraged me to keep doing what I am doing and even followed my blog. She has a blog here too! www.tamaraleigh.com
- Which of your senses would you be willing to give up? None. Losing one would take me several steps back from being super human!
- What is your favorite online resource for writing/blogging/what you do? Overdrive.com It is a library app for downloading Ebooks. Why do I say this? Because the more I read the more inspired I become!
Alrighty! Now with the questions presented by Anniehow!
1. When you were a child, what did you want to grow up to be? Have you fulfilled that dream? I wanted to be a lawyer and an architect. I no longer have any desire to practice law BUT I am planning on getting my masters in Architecture. Writing and art were always things I just did but treasure.
2. Who was your favorite teacher and why? I don’t think I had a favorite teacher. I have been blessed to have lots of really excellent ones. Some of them I still keep in contact with.
3. Do you have any musical talents, and what are they? I am musically inclined. I actually sang my way through undergrad. We did mostly classical music, but if I were ever to become a singer for a profession, it would be worship music with a folk flare.
4. What decade, that you have lived through, is your favorite and why? I have only lived in three so my choices are limited. That being said I think my current decade is my favorite because I have learned so much from the ones behind me.
5. When was the last time you really laughed and what was it that made you laugh? I actually laugh quite a bit so I really can’t say what was the last thing that made me laugh apart for just having sheer joy!
6. Do you like or dislike surprises? Why or why not? Surprises are tricky things. I like random thoughtful acts and I like to be the recipient BUT I never quite know how to respond to them sooo.
7. What is your favorite holiday and why? My favorite holiday is Passover! I love the story of redemption. I love changing up my seder menu with a theme. (I am a Messianic Jew/ Jewish Christian) So I am overjoyed to see how Yeshua Jesus fulfilled this holyday.
8. What is your proudest accomplishment? I don’ think I have yet to achieve my proudest accomplishment. Their is still a lot of life ahead.
9. Shuffle the songs on your iPod or Phone, which song comes up? Or what is your favorite song and why? Right now my favorite song is a song by JJ Heller called “I dream of you.” The song is below. I love the piano in this song and the words. It just bright and cheery!
10. If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have and why? I would be able to manipulate matter and time. Why? Because my possibilities would be limitless!
These were some great questions. I am really glad I got to answer them!
Cheers to you all!